, using JQuery
This plugin does two things:
- If TablePlugin is not enabled, it performs the same processing as TablePlugin except it does it in the browser.
Some notable omissions:
when used without TablePlugin
- Sorting of date fields doesn't work correctly. (Sorts as plain text)
when used with TablePlugin:
- No sort icon in table headers (just click the header to sort).
- Sorting can be a bit strange when rowspans and colspans are used.
- The sorted data background doesn't alternate if more than one colour is given.
- The way column and row spans are calculated is slightly different to TablePlugin, which may give slightly different visual effect sin some extreme cases.
- Sorted column background doesn't work
You can help improve it, please feel free to do so.
Sorting is done using the jQuery tablesorter plugin written by Christian Bach,
which is included.
If used with TablePlugin: Click on column headers to sort.
If used without TablePlugin: Behaviour should be identical to TablePlugin.
See Table Plugin
for more information.
You cannot use the %CARET% and/or ^ characters to 'escape' a rowspan in a table with JQTable Plugin
(the TablePlugin support is a dirty hack). To insert these characters, simply enclose them in a span e.g.
If TablePlugin is used with JQTablePlugin, then tables will be shown with
active links in column headers, as well as the icons that support in-browser
sorting. Clicking on these links will cause the table plugin to sort the table
by re-rendering the page - defeating the object of the JQTablePlugin. To
avoid this sort of confusion you are recommended to disable the TablePlugin.
You do not need to install anything in the browser to use this extension. The following instructions are for the administrator who installs the extension on the server.
Open configure, and open the "Extensions" section. Use "Find More Extensions" to get a list of available extensions. Select "Install".
If you have any problems, or if the extension isn't available in
, then you can still install manually from the command-line. See http://foswiki.org/Support/ManuallyInstallingExtensions
for more help.
Another great Foswiki extension from the WikiRing
- working together to improve your wiki experience!